Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions under which your booking for hire of facilities at St Peter’s Centre is accepted are as follows:
1) St Peter’s Centre (the Centre) venue must be used for the purpose stated on the booking form.
The number of persons attending the event must not exceed the Health & Safety room capacity guidelines at any given time. Any alterations to the purpose must be notified to the Centre by telephone or email and will be subject to the Centre’s approval.
2) The Hirer or the ‘Responsible Person’ in charge of an activity shall not be under 18 years of age and shall be on the premises for the entire period of hire or duration of the activity.
3) The Hirer agrees to pay full hire charges and all costs incurred during the hire period.
4) The Hirer has a duty of care for vulnerable people (including children, young people and their families) taking all reasonable measures to ensure that the risks of harm to vulnerable people is minimized.
5) The Hirer must vacate on time and leave the venue in a clean and tidy condition, the duration of the booking includes setting up and clearing away times.
6) The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that the noise level of their functions is not such as to interfere with other activities within the building nor to cause inconvenience for the occupiers of nearby houses and property.
7) The Hirer has sole responsibility for the food they bring onto the site, and for ensuring that Food Hygiene regulations are adhered to.
8) Any portable electrical appliances brought onto the premises must comply with Electricity At Work Regulations 1989, therefore PAT testing is the Hirer’s sole responsibility.
9) No alcohol is allowed on site. The Centre retains the right to expel or refuse access to any persons believed to be under the influence of substance misuse.
10) If, for any reason, evacuation from the building takes place during the activity/gathering or meeting the ‘Responsible Person’ named on the Booking Form, (from each organisation or group) shall report to the Health & Safety Marshall at the designated Fire Assembly Point, situated by the main entrance gate, to confirm that all their attendees/staff have been evacuated.
11) It is the Hirer’s sole responsibility to take all proper precautions for the prevention of accidents by ensuring that Fire Exits, stairs and gangways are kept clear of obstruction at all times.
Display and notice boards must be secure and placed in such a way as not to cause obstruction. Accidents must be reported to a member of the St Peter’s Centre team.
12) It is the Hirer’s sole responsibility to ensure that all persons at the venue during any event comply with all applicable health and safety legislation For personal safety please observe the health and safety signs throughout the building and comply with all directions given by management.
Limited Company Registered in England No: 4597894 Charity Registered in England No: 1097531 (reviewed April 2016)
13) St Peter’s Centre shall have no liability for any accident to any member of the public or anyone connected to the hire, or the loss of or damage to any goods brought onto the site (save where due to St Peter’s Centre’s negligence) and recommend that a Public Liability Insurance has been taken out also that Risk Assessments carried out prior to the event.
14) St Peter’s Centre shall not be liable to the Hirer as a result of any failure to perform its obligations under these terms as a result of any event beyond its reasonable control.
15) Cancellation by Hirer:
15.1 Event cancelled 14 or less days prior to the event – Full Rate will be charged.
15.2 Event cancelled more than 14 days prior to the event – £20 administration fee will be charged.
16) St Peter’s Centre may cancel any booking up to 7 days prior to the event. If, for whatever reason, it is necessary for St Peter’s Centre to cancel a booking, the limit of liability of the Centre will be to return any payment received by the date of cancellation. St Peter’s Centre reserves the right to provide a suitable alternative venue of substantially the same size and capacity provided such alternative venue is notified to the Hirer no later than 7 days prior to the event. St Peter’s Centre shall not be liable for any costs or losses incurred by the Hirer as a result of such change.
17) St Peter’s Centre shall not be liable to the Hirer for any loss of profit, or for any indirect or consequential loss arising as a result of or in connection with the hire of the venue.
18) The total liability of St Peter’s Centre in relation to these terms shall not exceed the total hire charge paid.
19) Nothing in these terms shall operate so as to exclude any liability for negligence, fraud or any other liability which cannot lawfully be excluded.
20) These terms are governed by English law.
Users of the Centre must comply with the Equality Act 2010. The Centre is open to all persons with a protected characteristic i.e. age, disability, gender reassignment, married or civil partner, pregnant, race, religious or belief, gender, sexual orientation.